Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2. A WTF Moment, Quickly Followed by OMG!

… So I decided to focus on developing the blog a bit more, getting pages ready for the 52WoCC and more.  Stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, posting the first two photos and meticulously listing all (all, I tell you!) of the items I’m wearing in each, the shops where they may be purchased, and adding my own commentary for many (did I say many?) of them.  Today I have been playing around with adding and editing pages, semi-patiently withstanding the whims of an on-and-off internet connection.  ALMOST ready to sign off, I saw that one page was not showing on the blog --- that would be the page containing all of the aforementioned wee-hour-of-the-morning work.  Dedicated and diligent about completing the task-at-hand, I went back and saved the draft.  Saved the friggin’ draft!!!!   

AAAAAUUUUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHH!


Hear that?  That’s the primal scream of frustration, WTF and OMG all rolled up into one teeth-gritted, hand-clenched, seeing-red, not-believing, heart-sinking realization.  This was not my final draft; it was the draft before alignments had been perfect, before … before …  all of that attention to detail had been attended to and finalized.  Yes, the photos are still there.  The headings for the items are still there.  But none (none, I tell you!) of the product information is there. 


<deep, exhausted-in-frustration, sigh>


I would go to my new photo studio now and CATch up on pics for the Challenge.  But, oh that’s right…. the friggin’ backdrop is rolled up and can’t seem to be rolled back down, and I haven’t heard back from those folks about why that’s happening, or why the lighting doesn’t seem to work (admittedly, perhaps due to user-error on this issue).  Anyway, even if I could shoot photos, I’d be fighting the   l   a   g   that seems to plague my Second Life experience this week.


<shakin’-off the pity-party blues>


It’s all a learning curve, isn’t it?  Something to laugh about one day, a good story to tell.  Birds are tweeting (and I don’t mean on Twitter) outside the open window, azaleas are bursting forth in bloom (in spite of yesterday’s springtime hail storm), and there’s a taco salad and an ice-filled Coca-Cola calling my name. 

CATch ya on the upswing!               
                      ~ Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment